My favorite Fall dish is this Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe topped with my alternative to real cheese – vegan Feta “Cheese”.
I love the combination of flavors and this dish is packed full of protein, fiber, B-vitamins, Iron, and more. This is our family’s version of comfort food during these chilly and brisk Autumn nights.
What is Quinoa Stuffed Squash made of?
Quinoa – White or tri-color works best in this recipe.
Acorn Squash – Buy a few acorn squashes, cut off the ends, and then in half. It’s so easy!
Spinach, Onions, and Garlic – Make sure to buy fresh, organic produce.
Vegetable Broth – Try my Vegetable Broth recipe HERE or if you prefer, make sure to buy gluten-free and organic vegetable broth to cook your quinoa in for more flavor.
Walnuts – Raw, unsalted, and organic are the best.
Cranberries – Look for cranberries without added sugar or corn syrup or sulfites. Sulfites are a preservative that maintains color.
Olive Oil and Himalayan Sea Salt
What is Vegan “Feta Cheese”?
Nutritional Yeast, Cashews, Garlic Powder, Hemp Seeds, and Salt. The BEST dairy-free feta cheese!
For the Stuffed Acorn Squash:
2 Acorn Squash
2 cups cooked Quinoa (I chose to cook it in vegetable broth)
5 cups Spinach
3/4 cup chopped Walnuts
3/4 cup dried Cranberries
1 Onion (finely chopped)
3 Garlic cloves (Minced)
Himalayan Sea Salt
For the Vegan Feta “Cheese”:
Place in a food processor and Pulse
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Trim off the stems of the acorn squash, scoop out the seeds and cut in half. Lightly coat the inside with olive oil and salt and place cut-side down onto a baking pan. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Prepare the Vegan Feta “Cheese” by adding the Nutritional Yeast, Cashews, Garlic Powder, Hemps Seeds, and Salt in a food processor. Pulse until blended and coarse. Set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil to a large sauté pan. Add in the onions and garlic to cook until slightly softened. Add the spinach and cook until softened.
- Stir in quinoa, cranberries, and walnuts.
- Fill the squash with the quinoa, sprinkle with vegan “feta” and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.