This delicious Chocolate Chia pudding is loaded with antioxidants. A perfect way to start your day. Its creamy and smooth texture is SO good, especially with the added crunch from the seeds.
Chia seeds were an important food for the Mayans as they prized them for providing sustainable energy. “Chia” is the Mayan word for “Strength.” In the past few years, chia seeds have been trending and are known as one of the best sources of several different nutrients. Why not start your day with something that’s going to supply you with the strength and energy you’ll need?
As a working mom of two very active boys, I need something that’s going to pack a powerful nutritional punch.
What are the nutritional benefits of chia seeds?
- Packed – full of antioxidants. Getting antioxidants from foods can have positive health benefits. They fight the production of free radicals which damage cell molecule, contributing to aging and diseases.
- A low-carb food that makes you feel full.
- High in fiber so it keeps your gut flora fed which is so important for your health. Remember, 80% of your immune system lives in your gut.
- Excellent source of protein. “A high-protein intake lowers appetite and has been shown to reduce obsessive thoughts about food by 60%.” It’s the most weigh-loss friendly dietary nutrient.
- High in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and improve brain health.
- Chia seeds may lower your risk for heart disease.
- They also may reduce blood sugar levels.
- Research shows chia seeds may reduce chronic inflammation. One 3-month study in 20 people with diabetes showed that eating 37 grams of chia seeds daily, reduced the inflammatory marker hs-CRP by 40%. – Pub Med
Add pumpkin seeds for even more valuable nutrients that nourish the body.
- Pumpkin seeds are filled with essential fatty acids, magnesium and zinc.
- Benefits include improved heart health and protection against certain cancers.
- High in antioxidants that help protect your cells from harmful diseases.
- Great source of magnesium which helps reduce muscle pain, anxiety and regulates blood sugar levels.
What’s in it?
This Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding is so easy to make and is best when made the night before to give the chia seeds time to gel.
You’ll feel so good after indulging in this nutrient-dense breakfast that will leave you feeling energized and healthy. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 4 tbsp raw cacao
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plant milk (coconut/almond)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (for topping)
- 1/2 cup nuts or seeds for topping (pumpkin, hemp, almonds, granola)
- 1. In a medium-sized bowl, add the raw cacao, maple syrup, vanilla extract, plant milk and chia seeds. Whisk ingredients until all combined.
- 2. Leave the mixure in the bowl for 15 minutes without stirring for the chia seeds to gel. After 15 minutes, whisk it together one more time.
- 3. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- 4. Remove the chia seed pudding from the fridge and stir with a spoon. Serve in small glasses of bowls. Top with raspberries, and your choice of nuts and seeds for extra crunch.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment