Are you looking for the best homemade salsa recipe? Look no further! My “Summertime Salsa” has been around for years and is a HUGE hit at neighborhood BBQs and get-togethers.
I think everyone in my circle has tried this recipe because I make it ALL THE TIME. It’s also very versatile. I’ve made it without the beans and corn and have added red peppers depending on the crowd I’m serving. If you’d like to add a little spice or heat, feel free to add a bit of hot pepper.
I make this salsa as a dip but also love to use as a topping for tacos. Check out my Chicken Taco Recipe for some ideas!
I love these grain-free tortilla chips by Siete Foods. They have the BEST gluten-free and grain-free tortillas, chips and sauces.
Can I store this in the refrigerator?
This is best prepared right before serving but if you need to store it in the fridge for a few hours, here’s a tip. Take some clear plastic wrap and push down the salsa mixture with the plastic wrap. Make sure there is very little air between the plastic wrap and the salsa. Take another piece of plastic wrap and place it over the entire bowl and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 5-6 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced cut in half and scoop seeds out with a spoon
- 2 corn on the cob, cooked (optional)
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add corn on the cob to a pot of boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes. (You can choose to make this recipe without the corn as well. When corn is done cooking, let cool on cutting board. Using a sharp knife, start at the top and cut downward with a gentle sawing motion, cutting corn off from the cob. Add corn to the salsa mixture.
- Peel and dice your avocados and place in medium size bowl. Add the diced onion, diced plum tomatoes, corn (optional), black beans (optional), and cilantro. Combine.
- Squeeze half a lime over the salsa mixture and add salt and pepper to taste. For a tangier salsa, add more lime. Combine.
- Serve in a small bowl with a side of your favorite tortilla chips or as a topping on tacos.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment