My kids don’t go to bed until they’ve had a bowl of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. This homemade, vegan version of their favorite ice cream is so easy to make AND healthy.
How many times have my boys opened the freezer expecting to pull out a pint of their favorite ice cream, only to find an empty carton left by the other brother? Too many. I realized that I could make our own with ingredients found in our pantry…and it’s healthier than the store-bought ice cream with much less sugar!
Have you ever had ice cream with spinach and cashews? Probably not! I can assure you that you will love this Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream recipe.
What you’ll need:
Tin Loaf Pan – I bought one on Amazon HERE.
Canned Coconut Milk – Best when chilled overnight
Coconut or Plant Milk
Pitted Medjool Dates
Vegan Chocolate Chips – I love Enjoy Life semi-sweet morsels found at many local grocery stores.
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 12 oz can of coconut milk, chilled for 4-12 hours
- 1 1/2 cup coconut, cashew, oat or almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 spinach leaves
- 1 cup mini vegan chocolate morsels, add after all ingredients are mixed together.
- Blend together all of the ingredients in a blender, leaving out the chocolate morsels.
- Chill mixture for at least 4 hours.
- Pour into loaf pan and fold in the chocolate morsels.
- Freeze for 3 hours and then serve.